Are your leaders equipped to overcome these challenges?
- Poor communication
- The urgent overwhelming the important
- Good people dropping the ball
- Broken processes
- Increasing team turnover
At LeadFirst, we offer a leadership development framework that includes leadership coaching and tools that provide business intelligence, clear direction, and forward movement so your business and people thrive.
A Leadership development system designed to bring order out of chaos
Transform your team’s leaders and create lasting effectiveness
- Develop skills as needed
- Learn faster by immediately applying what is learned
- Integrate learning with core business processes
- Mentor everyone on your team
- Data-driven culture that drives learning
- Effectively measure leadership development
What’s Available in the LeadFirst System?
Set of leadership best practices organized into a rhythmic (repeatable) model
Planning & Project Apps
Applications that capture organization goals, measures and project plans
Robust tools for integrating data and transforming it into useful information for making long-term decisions and managing day to day operations
Employee Engagement / Feedback Apps
Promotes collaboration and communication between leaders and workers to guide development
Meetings, Notes, ToDo Apps
Aids the effective management of the day -to-day flood of activities in a chaotic world
Custom Survey, Data Capture Apps
Allows for unique processes and data capture to streamline internal workflows
One-on-one mentoring and just-in-time learning
Supports application of leadership best practices as a leader identifies the need so learning is applied to real situations
Create lasting leadership effectivenessWe believe leaders deserve to have the framework, tools, and insights they need to bring order out of chaos through leadership effectiveness. You deserve to have the clarity and direction you need at any moment to empower your leaders to lead well, manage your teams effectively and navigate through the normal growing pains of a business.
Why Work with LeadFirst?
- We are all about relationships, and a coach mentors every client. As a result, we work with dozens of clients – not thousands.
- Our leadership model is the result of coaching hundreds of organizations over the past 15+ years
- We have no long-term contracts.
- Your company’s progress is measured like any other strategic priority
Say goodbye to organizational chaos and welcome…
- Stronger relationships in the team
- A data-driven and results-oriented culture
- One-on-one mentoring
- People engaged and enjoying their work
- Reduced turnover and fewer fires
Environmental High Tech
What Makes Our Leadership Model Different
To most people leadership development means courses: information-packed events that cram learning into a few-hour or a few-day event. We approach leadership development differently. Our data-driven platform integrates into one system three types of processes: people relationships, business management, and learning.
We studied biblical principles and business best practices to determine what effective leaders need to do. Things like building trusted relationships with employees, building teamwork, creating plans, tracking results, running effective meetings, resolving conflict, mentoring unique individuals, reviewing performance, managing processes and projects, and overall getting the right things done.
We then built micro-learning resources to use when the need is recognized (just-in-time learning). Skill development integrates with data-driven business processes so that the learning is applied while working, the impact is measured, and the new skill becomes a habit.
Because organizations are growing and changing continuously, we believe leadership development should be done continuously all the while leaders are leading.
7 Key Findings on what Drives Performance and EngagementWondering how to motivate and grow efficiency in your business? We did too. That’s why we surveyed 800 workers at all levels in multiple industries conducting a research study that uncovered 7 Key Findings on what Drives Performance and Engagement. What came as a result blew us away. It pulled back the curtain and gave us a window into what motivates people to engage and perform better. Download it right here. You’ll find insights you can act on immediately.
What are the factors for effective leadership?
- First is the ability to define (choose) where you want to go (a vision) and articulate it in a way that your team understands it.
- Second, you need to be able to lay out a broad change roadmap that describes the broad steps for reaching the vision.
- Third, and most difficult of all, you have to be able to balance the allocation of resource between ‘running the business and changing it. In most organizations, it takes 110% of your current resource just to keep doing business. The wisdom and judgment required to drive change with an overloaded team take strong leadership.
- Fourth, you have to figure out how to get the most important things done through other people. This requires very clear objectives, delegation, lots of one-on-one mentoring, and really effective team collaboration (meetings) so you keep people on the same page while you change the play.
- Fifth, you must engage everyone in innovation from the bottom up. Strategy is top-down but most innovation starts from the bottom. People on the front lines see what is working and what isn’t before anyone else. Effective leaders engage the hearts and minds of EVERYONE in the mission.
- Last of all effective leaders think ahead when it comes to building their team. They have a roadmap of what will be required of their team two or three years in advance and are investing NOW to prepare their team for the future.
How do you measure leadership effectiveness?
Why is effectiveness important in leadership?
The most common definition of leadership is ‘knowing what to do’ and management is ‘knowing how to get it done’.
At LeadFirst we believe you can not separate leadership and management. They are two halves of the ‘same coin’.
There is a quote attributed to Thomas Edison, that says “vision without execution is a hallucination.”
The point is that the whole meaning behind leadership is to get the right things done. If you don’t make that happen over a certain period, you are not being ‘effective’ as a leader.
What are the four key components of leadership?
By components, we mean skills or values – the essence of the character of a leader and what they believe. We suggest the following four for your consideration:
- Purpose Driven– they have a strong desire to clarify, identify and commit to purpose. They ‘own’ what they are committed to.
- People Driven – they deeply understand and believe in the value and importance of others in the pursuit of purpose
- Trustworthy – by their honesty, openness and integrity they build the trust of others. They are worthy of trust.
- Persistent – it is simply not in their DNA to quit. They will go through, around, over and under roadblocks. They never take ‘no’ for an answer