Like clockwork, the seasons turn from Summer to Fall, and once again, organizations across the globe turn their attention to strategic planning for the next year.
The big challenge: “How will do approach your strategic planning sessions differently this time around?”
1. Start By Answering The Right Questions
The Six Disciplines Methodology is question-based. Each Discipline includes a set of more detailed supporting questions. By using the repeatable Methodology, our business coaches lead your team to answer the right questions, in the right order. The sequence of the answers matters a great deal, since the responses and outcomes build upon each other. These questions are not always easy to answer, but they are essential for laying the right foundation. The outcome of answering these questions is a laser-like focus on key issues that need to be addressed.
2. Craft a Clear Plan That Identifies “Must Do” Priorities
As your business coach guides the process, strategic questions get answered and recorded in our software, and your strategic plan begins to take shape. This provides the clear vision needed to engage others in the organization when executing the plan.
3. Identify and Eliminate Barriers To Execution
As you and your strategy team figure out where you want to go, the next step is to identify what’s in the way of getting there. Your business coach leads your strategy team in identifying change initiatives to close the gaps between desired and actual results. These time-phased initiatives serve as a roadmap that guides the rest of your organization in aligning priorities.
4. Equip Your Team To Understand The DIfference Between Important and Urgent
We’ve all experienced the feeling: at the end of the day, we find we’ve not done things we expected to do. To improve execution, a proven approach is to bring more focus to what’s important through regular plan reviews, supported by the use of software dashboards and alerts. This helps your leaders say ‘no’ and win the daily battle.
5. Achieve More Balance Through Sustainable Results
Your organization succeeds by knowing where it wants to go (strategy) and knowing how to get there (execution). Easy to say, hard to do. The perpetual challenge is balancing those two areas of focus in a sustainable way. The Six Disciplines Program helps in four ways:
- We help you get everyone on the right page about where you want to go.
- We help you to lay out a clear roadmap for getting there.
- We use an on-going, repeatable process to engage your entire organization in executing plans.
- We show you how to frequently review and revise plans to improve organizational agility.
6. Make Employee Engagement Easier With Transparent Access To Plans
The Six Disciplines suite of software apps are designed to support and encourage employee engagement, including managing plans with dashboard metrics, meeting reviews, actions (to-do’s), quarterly and annual check-ins, collaboration exercises, and surveys for gathering feedback.
Start THIS strategic planning season differently – contact us, and let us help you.