The Hay Group, a global management consulting firm, today released its seventh annual Best Companies for Leadership Study and Top 20 list. The study ranks the best companies for leadership around the globe and examines how those companies nurture talent and foster innovation in their ranks.
This year, no surprises – General Electric topped the list, followed by Procter & Gamble, IBM, Microsoft and Coca-Cola.
Highlights that you may find of interest from this year’s study:
- All of the Top 20 companies (vs. 68% of all other companies) say they provide structured opportunities for younger employees to promote innovative ideas
- 95% of the Top 20 companies (vs. only 51% of all other companies) report having a balanced mix of local and international talent in senior leadership positions
- 95% of the Top 20 companies (vs. just 48% of all other companies) reported that senior leaders personally spend time actively developing others
- 94% of the Top 20 companies (vs. just 49% of all other companies) say they run unprofitable projects to try new things
- 90% of the Top 20 companies (vs. 63% of all other companies) reported that if individuals have an excellent idea, they can bypass the chain of command without the threat of negative consequences