There are all types of coaches: a tennis coach, golf coach, swim coach, music coach, executive coach, and so on.
What do all these coaches have in common?
More importantly, why should you consider working with a business coach?
A coach won’t do the work for you, but here’s how a coach can help launch you (and your business) to the next level:
- A coach can be a confidant. You can tell your coach things you wouldn’t tell others, because a coach is trained to understand and be non-judgmental.
- A coach can help you see your blind spots. Everyone, even the coach, has personal areas that are out of view or awareness until someone points them out. A coach is perfectly poised to perform this critical function.
- A coach can provide objective feedback. Other people may have agendas. Your coach has your best interests in mind in providing feedback and counsel to you.
- A coach provides another set of eyes. Even the top performers in the world have coaches to help them see what they themselves can’t see.
- A coach can keep you accountable. Your coach can help you take on more responsibility by having you report weekly on your accomplishments and initiatives.
- A coach can be a sounding board. Your coach can be another set of ears as you talk about the things that are bothering you. As you hear yourself have a conversation new personal realizations emerge.
- A coach can be another source of creative ideas. You can brainstorm and try out new ideas, behaviors and mental processes as your coach provides a safe place to experiment.
- A coach can help you create your vision. Your coach can assist you in developing your plans for success based on your values, personal strengths, background and assets.
- A coach can help celebrate your successes and be a source of strength when you fail. Your coach can be a supportive and nurturing source of energy.
- A coach can help you process life. Life is a process and a good coach can assist you in reviewing and reframing what happens in your business, your sports and your life!
BOTTOMLINE: A business coach is not a therapist, not a consultant or even a mentor. Yet, a certified business coach, one that is trained in a repeatable business-building methodology, can make all the difference.
(Copyright © Bill Cole MentalGameCoach.com)