Yes, it’s THAT time of year again! Organizations of all types and sizes are deep into their rituals of “strategic planning”. Expensive off-sites are scheduled, time is allocated (read=wasted) on ineffective brainstorming, and the end result is a “plan” that gets put on a shelf for yet another year.
However, despite all of our efforts and good intentions, are you aware of the following failures of strategic planning efforts?
- 95% of a typical workforce doesn’t understand its organization’s strategy.
- 90% of organizations fail to execute their strategies successfully.
- 86% of executive teams spend less than one hour per month discussing strategy.
- 75% of business improvement (change) initiatives to solve these problems fail due to lack of sustainability.
- 79% consider formal strategic planning process as important yet only 45% satisfied with the process.
- 60% of organizations don’t link strategy to budgeting.
- 40% of workers admit they don’t understand the connection between their activities and organizational goals.
- Only 3% of executives think their company is very successful at executing its strategies, while 62% think they’re only moderately successful, or worse.
What’s the disconnect here? Where did we collectively go wrong all of these years? Why is strategic planning so difficult?
In a word – it doesn’t have to be that way. It all starts with strategic vision.
At Six Disciplines, we’re not here to impress you with our 15+ years of research into the art and science of strategic planning. But we are here to help simplify the process, and make it WORK for you, just like we have for hundreds of organizations – every year.
Contact us today to find out how we can help your organization understand the benefits of REAL strategic planning, and how it can become one of your greatest competitive advantages.