Let’s take a look forward at how current organizational scenarios will impact the content and delivery of leadership training in 2018.
Consider the following statistics and trends:
- Today, millennials account for 38% of the U.S. workforce.
- According to the American Society for Training and Development, nearly half (46%) of workers in the United States will be millennials by 2020.
- According to Deloitte ‘s Global Human Capital Trends report, 60% of HR and business leaders worldwide across all industries cited the ability to develop leadership programs for millennials as an area of weakness
- According to a 2017 LinkedIn study, 27% of North American businesses will spend more on internal learning programs
- The #1 topic both small and large companies most want to focus on are “management and leadership skills”.
That said, it is critical for organizational leaders to make leadership training a top priority in 2018. Teaching team leaders how to inspire, empower and engage their teams directly impacts performance management throughout the organization. A review of the organization’s mission, vision, values, principles, culture, and purpose should be at the forefront of all leadership training going forward. Regular and frequent communication of these top-level constructs is vital (in person or virtually) particularly as remote individuals and teams become more prevalent.
How do we help you make leadership training a top priority? Here’s how Six Disciplines is different:
- Our 1-day leadership workshop is fundamentally different from others – we turn the experience into year-round results
- We’ll enroll your workgroups as a team, so they’ll learn the same leadership competencies – together
- Before the workshop, we’ll benchmark your organization’s leadership proficiency (so you can measure progress over time)
- Before the workshop is over, we’ll help you set a specific leadership development goal that will be measured over the year
- We’ll show you how to consistently review performance and leadership progress using weekly and quarterly check-ins
Let’s start the conversation TODAY, so you’ll be ready to start 2018 with a competitive advantage: leadership development training the produces results – every day.